You will need:
- 50-60 Popsicle sticks
- Wood glue
- Paints (optional)
What to do:
- It is best to paint all the Popsicle sticks before you start building your box.
You can paint them all different colors to create a good effect. Alternatively, you
can skip the painting at this stage and paint the treasure box after you have built it.
- To make the base of the treasure box, line up about a dozen Popsicle sticks in front of
you, then glue a stick across each end of the lined-up sticks (as shown below).
- Lay out two Popsicle sticks vertically in front of you, then lay two more sticks
horizontally across the other sticks to make a square (see picture).
- Make about six more of the squares you made in step 3, then glue them on top of each to
make the sides of your box. Make sure that you finish with vertical sticks on the
bottom, and horizontal sticks on the top.
- Glue together the two pieces you have made so far (the sides and the base).
- Make a lid for the box by repeating step one, but glue the two horizontal sticks into
place closer to the center, so that they will fit inside the two horizontal sticks
on top of your box (see picture). This will allow your lid to fit snugly on the box.
- There is your box to store your treasures in.
Things to try:
This page was last updated on 08/05/98.